Discover Our Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Training
register now for
Moving Medicine: Embodying the Wisdom of Ayurveda
an advanced training
Led by Alana Layne Greenberg
March 6, 7, 8 2020
Embodying the Wisdom of Ayurveda
Ayurveda and Yoga were both born from Samkhya philosophy and raised together in India as sister-sciences. Traditionally, Yoga technologies were not practiced until someone was well-established in their physical body through utilizing the healing principles and self-care practices inherent in Ayurvedic Medicine. In this course we will explore Ayurveda’s fundamentals, developing a keener capacity to “see” what can benefit our students while deepening our sense of what “establishing balance” means through Ayurveda’s unique lens. Ultimately, we will weave Ayurvedic wisdom through our Yoga practice rendering our teaching a form of moving medicine.
• Exploring the Five Elements (Ether, Air, Fire, Water and Earth) and how they manifest in the body.
• An in-depth dive into the Doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) as an assessment tool to understand personalities, behaviors, needs and health challenges, and as a blueprint to personalize Yoga for individuals
• Specific asanas that balance each Dosha, including sequencing, language cues, sankalpa and dristi.
• Discovering the alchemical power of prana through Dosha-appropriate pranayama, bandhas, visualizations and meditation techniques.
• Aromatherapy as healing agent along with essential oil protocols that anoint the body at chosen marma points (Ayurveda’s acupuncture system) to balance the Doshas.
• Dinacharya: the wisdom of a daily self-care regimen and specific practices for the Elements and Doshas (this course will allow us the time to create a personal Dinacharya to live the wisdom as we teach it)
• How the beauty of Ayurveda adds depth and dimension to our practice and teaching.
PRICING: $550 ($450 early bird)
Alana Layne Greenberg, MA, E-RYT 500
My interest in all things healing began as a need to understand my own health challenges. This, along with a sincere dedication to self-inquiry, led me to explore the fields of natural health, movement and human consciousness in many countries with remarkable teachers and healers.
Through my travels I assembled a multi-modality “medicine bag” comprised of Yoga, Ayurvedic Medicine, Five Element Acupressure, Aromatic Botanical Medicine, NADA Acupuncture, Chi Nei Tsang and Somatic Experiencing. During other, more traditional inquiries, I earned Master’s degrees in Grief and Trauma Counseling Psychology and Early Childhood Education.
Although I have acquired knowledge from my studies, I recognize that the greatest wisdom simply emerges from returning to the mat to practice. I enjoy the luxury of attuning to myself through the richness of Yoga and I also spend time attuning to the aromatic prana in nature, creating a line of Ayurveda-inspired products for my company, Anjali Aromatics. Sharing my creations and trainings is incredibly fulfilling. I feel immense gratitude to be able to “smell the roses” and teach what I live and love.
Ready to reserve your space?