Embark on A Journey to the Heart of Metta-Morphosis
register now for
Trauma Sensitive Yoga
an advanced training
Led by Alana Layne Greenberg
June 5, 6, 7 2020
Trauma Sensitive Yoga:
A Journey to the Heart of Metta-Morphosis
This course focuses on understanding the multi-faceted world of trauma and its impact on our bodies, minds, hearts and souls. We will learn how to reframe trauma’s negative effects into opportunities to be wiser and more self-loving, yoking with the heart through mindful yoga practices. As we unpack the pranic implications of holding trauma in the body, we’ll discover that unwinding and thawing this “frozen potential” offers new possibilities for stability, self acceptance, healing and vitality.
• Trauma’s neurological, physiological, mental and emotional impacts.
• The signature symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress (PTS-E) and how to recognize it in ourselves and/or our students.
• The nervous system: sympathetic and parasympathetic pendulation; the vagus nerve and its crucial role in digestion and cultivating resilience.
• Asana, pranayama and meditation practices that recalibrate the nervous system; bilateral practices that help integrate our experiences
• Trauma healing from the vantage points of Ayurveda and Chinese Medicine
• Yoga Nidra & Pratyahara – fine-tuning the inner eye and inner ear for greater proprioceptive awareness and presencing, building capacity for quantum leaps in consciousness.
• Aroma as healing agent, plus specific protocols that anoint the body with essential oils for nervous system tonification and Post Traumatic Stress relief.
• The empowering news emerging from the fields of neuroscience and psychoimmunology that confirm we are naturally wired for self-healing
• Self-care practices to keep us well-boundaried, nourished and energized.
Upon completion of this course, you will be well-equipped with a toolkit to offer private sessions and classes with greater sensitivity to trauma and Yoga’s role in relieving its symptoms. You’ll have the confidence to help your students “come home” to themselves in a way that fosters deeper embodiment, encourages self-listening, establishes safety and enlivens the muscle of trust.
PRICING: $550 ($450 early bird)
Alana Layne Greenberg, MA, E-RYT 500
My interest in all things healing began as a need to understand my own health challenges. This, along with a sincere dedication to self-inquiry, led me to explore the fields of natural health, movement and human consciousness in many countries with remarkable teachers and healers.
Through my travels I assembled a multi-modality “medicine bag” comprised of Yoga, Ayurvedic Medicine, Five Element Acupressure, Aromatic Botanical Medicine, NADA Acupuncture, Chi Nei Tsang and Somatic Experiencing. During other, more traditional inquiries, I earned Master’s degrees in Grief and Trauma Counseling Psychology and Early Childhood Education.
Although I have acquired knowledge from my studies, I recognize that the greatest wisdom simply emerges from returning to the mat to practice. I enjoy the luxury of attuning to myself through the richness of Yoga and I also spend time attuning to the aromatic prana in nature, creating a line of Ayurveda-inspired products for my company, Anjali Aromatics. Sharing my creations and trainings is incredibly fulfilling. I feel immense gratitude to be able to “smell the roses” and teach what I live and love.
Ready to reserve your space?