Join esteemed teacher
for a 30 hr. teacher training
Verbalizing & Sequencing a Vinyasa Yoga Class
April 21 & 22 and 28 & 29
Saturdays: 11:30am – 8:30pm (w/midday break)
Sundays: 9:00am – 6:00pm (w/midday break)
Location: Five Pillars NYC
Cost: $900 early-bird through March 15th / $975 regular
Join David for two weekend intensives that will help you to deepen your personal Vinyasa yoga practice and strengthen your teaching skills. This is a special opportunity to hone your voice and connect with incredible teachers around NYC and beyond. The course is open to experienced practitioners and yoga teachers with 200hr certification.
Here’s what you can expect:
- ~ Learn effective and progressive approaches to sequencing and develop your voice to lead both group and private Vinyasa yoga lessons.
- ~ Learn to place your postures and cues in a special way that serves your students and leaves them both inspired and informed after your class.
- ~ Learn creative and constructive sequences: salutations, standing, sitting, forward, back, up, down, and around.
- ~ Develop a bulletproof class plan, that can serve as a blueprint for your signature teaching style.
- ~ Develop a clear and succinct style of cuing that is (nearly) foolproof.
This training will set you apart as a teacher, provide you with endless practice insights, and refresh your experience of yoga overall. Expect to become a more capable practitioner, to renew your enthusiasm for learning, and to make a thoughtful contribution to the tradition of vinyasa yoga!
About Vinyasa Yoga:
Vinyasa yoga, where the teacher designs the format and sets the pace of the class, is the most popular form of yoga because it is:
- ~ INFORMATIVE: the teacher can create the space to explain the form of the postures and their interconnectedness.
- ~ VERSATILE: a sequence can be personalized for body type, skill level, and intended effect especially so for a self practice or private lesson.
- ~ PROGRESSIVE: one can incorporate techniques from other disciplines contributes to the evolving tradition of yoga.
- ~ CREATIVE: not only can the teacher explore their own creative abilities, but students the teacher can leave room for students to make their own creative choices.
Vinyasa Yoga is a creative, versatile practice of yoga that is meant to evolve throughout your lifetime.
Ready to #GoDeep and reserve your spot?
More about David:
City. David is a powerful voice, an eloquent and skillful teacher who is sought after for his workshops and teacher’s intensives. His unique talent for simple yet precise articulation of form and technique, echo in the bodies and minds of his students.
As a young teacher, David was at the forefront of what became a popular trend of choreographed vinyasa classes to the sound of live music. He created the “Multi-Intenso” experience, a class that garnered a cult following in New York City. “Multi-Intenso” was a technique based, athletic and dynamic style of yoga centered around handstands. David’s reflective nature and incessant personal investigation into the potential transformative powers that a yoga practice can give, eventually led him to a more comprehensive approach to how physical form relates to psychological and emotional states. Inclined toward the mystical and timeless, greatly influenced by intensive study with Nevine Michaan, David’s practice and teaching has evolved into a more refined adaptation of how an asana (postural) practice can instigate profound and often therapeutic change.
To learn more, check out the following videos:
See you on the mat!